Hello,

am_d...@fastmail.fm, on mar. 10 oct. 2017 10:32:19 -0400, wrote:
> I have found that for some reason the Debian sound board selector prompt
> does not work on some Broadwell machines.

Ok.

> I copied the asound.conf generated by the Arch Linux sound board
> selector to a flash drive and used that to do my Debian install.

And did it work?

> It would be interesting to know what Arch is doing differently.

I had a look at the scripts Jude pointed to, they use very different
approaches to enumerating devices, so just comparing won't provide
hints.

Could you report what is requested on

https://wiki.debian.org/accessibility#Debian_installer_accessibility

from your Broadwell system so we have better insight as to what it looks
like in there?

Without such kind of information, I'm just unable to do anything about
the issue.

Samuel