On Mon, Jan 3, 2022, 02:56 Sébastien Hinderer <
sebastien.hinde...@ens-lyon.org> wrote:

> Hello David, all,
>
> D.J.J. Ring, Jr. (2021/12/29 21:07 -0500):
> > I love Debian but right now I cannot get the latest Debian to install
> > correctly, alas.
>
> Why? Did you report the problem?
>
> Sébastien.

Yes, the installer fails to speak from just before it searches for my sound
card, and continues not to speak until the system is rebooted. I finish the
installation by using a hand held magnifier on the screen.

After reboot, espeak is in the console and orca in the graphical
environment.

I still have sound problems with playing music from browser. I have two
sound cards, the first one recognized is digital output which I do not use,
the second one is analog which I use. in the mixer, the analog audio card
is greyed out and not unselectable.  I have tried to modify
/etc/asound.conf to reverse the order, but it doesn't help or I did it
wrong. Debian Buster had no such problems, everything just worked; the
installer had sound in console, the browser had sound.

Do I gain anything by installing a new release or if I have
/etc/apt/sources.list set to "stable" will I end up with the new release?

It seems a better way for me is to put back Buster release and just get the
new files as they get sent out on the repository.

Thanks for asking, I've put in a bug report, I understand that work is
being done on the sound problems.

I just cannot understand why Buster installer worked perfectly and now the
installer is having problems giving sound during installation.  Also after
installation, I didn't have the problem with my needed analog sound card
being greyed out when I ran Buster.

Regards,

David
  • ... Jude DaShiell
    • ... Jordan Livesey
      • ... Didier Spaier
        • ... Chime Hart
      • ... Jeffery Mewtamer
        • ... Jordan Livesey
      • ... D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
        • ... Sébastien Hinderer
          • ... D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
            • ... D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
              • ... Sébastien Hinderer
                • ... D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
      • ... chromium
        • ... nandroid
          • ... noddy
            • ... the-cellar-restaurant
          • ... google
            • ... nownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownownow
              • ... Jordan Livesey