On Fri 01 Mar 2002, Paul Slootman wrote:

> $ apt-get source apcupsd
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> E: Unable to find a source package for apcupsd
>
> My apt sources point to unstable. What's going on? Without access to the

Mea culpa, somehow the deb-src line for main had gone away.

> > # Add here commands to compile the package.
> > autoconf -l autoconf autoconf/configure.in >configure
> > /bin/sh: ./autoconf: is a directory
>
> Looks like your PATH begins with . so that invoking autoconf sess the
> directory? Try putting /usr/bin in front. You do have autoconf installed?

I get:

dh_testdir
# Add here commands to compile the package.
autoconf -l autoconf autoconf/configure.in >configure
autoconf/configure.in:325: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
cross compiling
autoconf/configure.in:328: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
cross compiling
autoconf/configure.in:591: AC_TRY_COMPILE was called before AC_ISC_POSIX
autoconf/configure.in:591: AC_TRY_RUN was called before AC_ISC_POSIX

So works fine.

If I don't have autoconf installed and have . at the beginning of PATH,
then I just get the message:

/bin/sh: autoconf: command not found

What shell do you use for /bin/sh ? Probably not bash...

Paul Slootman