Lennart Sorensen <lsorense <at> csclub.uwaterloo.ca> writes:

> Which kernel version are you running?  Is it the Debian kernel package?
> Which CPU do you have?

I wish I knew!  It's not my machine:  it's a Python buildbot that I have
no control over.  The only debugging method I have available is to
check in a change to the Python svn repository and then wait for
the next run of the buildbot to see the results.  The buildbot only
runs once a day, which makes this whole method of debugging
rather painful.  I'm at least partially responsible for some of the
code that's causing Python test failures, which is why I'm trying
to track this down.

I'll check in some autoconf tests to report the kernel version
and the output from uname.  Any idea what command I should
use to figure out which CPU the machine has?

> Some kernel versions left out the MATH_EMU option on alpha in Debian,
> and older CPUs are not IEEE compliant if the math_emu module isn't
> loaded (or built in) while newer ones are.  Things like rounding seem to
> behave differently for example.

Interesting.  Thanks for this---it gives me some new
things to think about.

Mark