Thanks, Manuele. I downgrading to before 2.6.8 seemed to do the trick. Good to know this is not AMD64 specific.

christoph

Manuele Rampazzo wrote:
Hi,

Christoph Hebeisen wrote:

On a related note, as far as I understand, 2.6.9 has a different mass
storage driver than 2.6.8. Since cdrecord doesn't talk to device files, how does one make it talk to that one? Devices don't seem to show up on logical SCSI buses like they used to.

I cannot try on my amd64, but I've got *a lot* of troubles with usb storage with 2.6.8 and 2.6.9 on a Debian i386...
I've downgraded that PC to 2.6.7 and usb storage worked again very well; I will try again with the next subversion of the 2.6.9 linux kernel.

Maybe you can try the same on your amd64.

Bye,
Manu

-- Christoph Hebeisen Dept. of Chemistry, University of Toronto 80 St George St, Toronto, ON, M5S 3H6 Canada Phone/Fax: +1 416 978 0366