I had this problem running Cedega in a chroot, accesing CD-Roms etc.

What I did might work for you:

1. comment out the mounts in /etc/fstab to do with whatever device you want
mounted in the chroot. (and unmount if its already mounted)

2. put entry similar to this in your /var/chroot/sid-ia32/etc/fstab (or
whatever your chroot directory is):
/dev/hdc        /mnt/cdrom      iso9660 ro,users,noauto 0       0
** make sure the mount point exists in the chroot (i.e. mine is
/var/chroot/sid-ia32/mnt/cdrom )

3. insert your media, and "mount /mnt/cdrom" when you're in your chroot (you
should be able to do it as a user now, but you might need to set permissions of
/dev/hdc and /mnt/cdrom -- and I cant remember what these are.

Once you've done this, you should be able to mount/unmount from within the
chroot fine. I used to have it set up as a bind, and it didnt work, but this
worked for me.

Hope it works!
James