On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:44, Nat Tuck wrote:

> The biggest issues here are
> A.) unexpected bandwidth usage.
> B.) horrible latency
>
> The first issue is mostly a real issue from a bad press perspective. People
> will see not using upstream bandwidth as a feature and try to avoid/cheat
> the system. I actually wish bittorrent-style update mechanisms were more
> common - people might stop paying for connections with horrible upload
> speeds.

Here in New Zealand, I have to pay for all traffic to and from my connection -
there isn't any choice in it currently.  For some of us it isn't an issue of
horrible upload speeds (although they are pathetic here anyway) but the cost
per MB downloaded & uploaded.

Hopefully this situation will change, but until it does there is a number of
people who will not support it.

I love bittorrent but I have to keep my traffic local to NZ.

Later
Lee Begg