*** Regarding Re: PHP4 causes apache to fail to start; Andreas Jochens
    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> adds:

Andreas> - my_free((char*)root->name);
Andreas> + my_free(root->name);

Andreas> I do not think that this patch is the cause for your
Andreas> problems.

I agree, this patch should have nothing to do with it.  Actually, that
patch was required to even compile with GCC 4, right?

Andreas> Maybe it is gcc-4.0 optimization bug. I will install php4 on
Andreas> my own server and try to find out what is going on.

Ok, thanks.  So until that patch I was using a php4 compiled with GCC
3.3?

Per

--
Per Bojsen                                              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
7 Francis Road