On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 08:57:59AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> But who needs 25 Ethernet drivers, and 2 dozen chipset drivers?
> (Except during install, of course.)
>
> And how few modern desktops really need low-level SCSI drivers?

Most of the time I use the Debian kernel images.  Why should I build my
own when it already works perfectly.  And why turn of a network driver.
You never know if you will have a need to run one of those cards next
month.  I also find it handy to be able to use a kernel build in a lot
of different machines efficiently.  Disk space is plentiful, I don't
mind wasting a few MB on unused driver modules.

Len Sorensen