El lun, 28-03-2005 a las 00:29 -0500, Zaq Rizer escribiÃ:

> OpenGL games (e.g. Quake3 and Enemy Territory -- but *not* Doom3 [??])
> run like total crap now.  They run, but at about half what they should
> -- almost as if it's using the CPU instead of the GPU.

Maybe some direct rendering option was disabled when you updated your
kernel config? I recommend you use "make oldconfig" instead of "make
menuconfig"/save/quit. I used to do the latter, but it's really
difficult to see what changed (and sometimes options are renamed or
replaced), while the former asks you about every new question (usually,
not too many between stable releases).

However, you should check the obvious places... dmesg, game logs, video
driver logs, video driver forums, etc.

--
Javier Kohen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802