On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 04:53:47PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Wouldn't it be slightly different for each arch though? In my experience for
> example, setting up nVidia drivers was completely different for amd64 as it
> was for x86... i.e. x86 you could install the nvidia drivers using the
> install script from the nvidia website, and on amd64 you have to compile a
> kernel module yourself.

In my experience installing nvidia drivers is done the same way on x86
and amd64 using nvidia-kernel-source package.  No difference I can tell
at least.

> On the other hand of course, it could be "generalized", as Debian has it's
> own heavily modified version of Gnome doesn't it? Therefore the amd64 will be
> based on the x86 version anyway (afaik, most, if not all packages on amd64
> are based on x86.).
>
> I'm not entirely in the know about everything though, so that's just my
> view/opinion/whatever you like to call it :)

Most settings are the same on all debian architectures.  Only driver
settings differ, and in the case of 64bit systems there is the whole
32/64bit biarch mess.

Len Sorensen