On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 03:05:18PM +0300, Kyuu Eturautti wrote:
> Have you upgraded the BIOS? It seems Abit has made some changes to
> memory settings in later versions.
>
> Personally, I don't even remember what every motherboard says about the
> memory speeds. To me, when it works and is sufficiently fast is the time
> when I lay back and ignore the details. If you want, I can go check some
> of the settings that my AV8 systems say about memory.
>
> I do recall at least two people mentioning that in some setups, with
> some position of the moon etc, DDR400 memory doesn't function at more
> than DDR333 speed. Unfortunately, I never paid much attention to the
> details here.

DDR333 may not be much slower than DDR400, but DDR333 would be running
async from the CPU while DDR400 would run synced with the cpu as far as
I know, but it may not apply with the onchip memory controller (it may
run it synced to the cpu just fine even at 333).  Certainly on the
athlon's with the memory controller in the chipset, you wanted memory
running at the same speed as the cpu bus (so DDR333 was better than
DDR400 for all but the top end barton's).  But it might not be the case
for the athlon 64, although if you can get it running at DDR400 it would
be nice I guess.

How much ram do you have installed and what size are the modules?

Len Sorensen