On Friday 13 May 2005 23:21, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Ed Tomlinson wrote:
> > Looks like the bind9-host package is sticky...
>
> Or has two different sources.
>
> > grover:/home/ed# aptitude update
> > grover:/home/ed# aptitude upgrade
> > The following packages will be upgraded:
> >   bind9-host
> > grover:/home/ed# aptitude upgrade
> > The following packages will be upgraded:
> >   bind9-host
> >
> > Notice that it still thinks bind9-host needs to be installed.  How
> > do I find out why?  Alternately, how do I fix it?
>
> What is the output of this command?
>
>   apt-cache policy bind9-host
>
> I am guessing that there are multiple sources for bind9-host.  They
> are different.  You are alternately installing first one and then the
> other.  I have seen this behavior from apt with other packages with
> that problem.  A local rebuild in a local depot was my problem.
>
> What is the output of this command?
>
>   apt-get install --print-uris -d -y -qq bind9-host |awk '{print$1}' |xargs -l
>
> I am guessing that as you install first one and then the other that
> the URL printed will be changing from one location to the next.

Bob,

grover:/home/ed# apt-cache policy bind9-host
bind9-host:
  Installed: 1:9.3.1-2
  Candidate: 1:9.3.1-2
  Version Table:
     1:9.3.1-2 0
        500 http://amd64.debian.net sid/main Packages
 *** 1:9.3.1-2 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
grover:/home/ed# apt-get install --print-uris -d -y -qq bind9-host |awk
'{print$1}' |xargs -l
http://amd64.debian.net/debian/pool/main/b/bind9/bind9-host_9.3.1-2_amd64.deb
grover:/home/ed#

Which seems to show one url?  Wonder if its worth removing the cached version?

Thanks
Ed