Andreas Jochens wrote:
With that deb-src line you should be able to get the sources for the
patched packages. However, I must admit that I did not yet check if that really works. Additionally, you need a second deb-src line which points to a regular debian mirror to get the sources for the unpatched packages.

OK, I've put the second line there. Now my sources.list looks like this:

deb http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/gcc4 unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/gcc4 unstable main
deb-src http://ftp.linux.cz/pub/linux/debian unstable main

It doesn't work:
$ LC_ALL=C apt-src install libarts1
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Handler silently failed
E: Failed to download arts

If I comment out the deb-src line pointing to alioth, it downloads correctly. But this way I'd always get the source not patched for gcc4.

Anyway, the patches used by the gcc4 archive are also available from

http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/gcc4/patches

with file names that reflect the package name and the version number.

Thanks, I can live with that.

Regards
Michal

-- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]