On 5/22/05, Jörg Ebeling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  However, haven't known that there's a config file... Simply changed it
> there so that it points to the lib32 one.
>
>  And YEAHHHH... it works !!!

Glad to hear that.

>  I guess something other don't work now due to the config change... but
> "shit happen" ;-) .

I guess so, but making a copy first should solve that.

>  Beside that, is there a chance to get the pdf mozilla plugin working or
> is that impossible at all (as long as there's no real AMD64 port) ?

Try mozplugger. Seems to work for me, after a bit of tweaking. But the
reload button restart acroread, which is probably necessary, but may
not be what you want.

>  I know the other readers like xpdf, kpdf and the like, but beside that they
> all have problems with some special images (i.e. JPEG transparency) or that
> they're sometimes ugly in the handling, I've one BIIIIIG problem with
> them... may be it's because of nescience of mine:
>
>      "The all have NO reload possibility !"

kpdf does. And gv has it in the File menu (which is not shown for a
plugin, correct). Also UI of kpdf is very much improved with version
3.4: it finally scrolls nicely across pages, has page previews etc. I
think it compare pretty well again acroread, as long as you do not
need to fill in forms.

>  With kpdf or the like you need to close and re-open the file.

Not any more, luckily. Just get it from ubuntu and give it a try. Imho
kpdf is the one application tha makes upgrading worth it.

Thomas