    >> vncserver should either be removed or fixed because the current
    >> version is in effect unusable.
    JK> Note that for this same reason the maintainer refuses to take
    JK> a patch by Andreas J. that allows vnc4 to be compiled on
    JK> AMD64.

Hmm, I don't even find a vnc4 package in Debian.

    JK> Even though the generated vnc4server doesn't work, the client
    JK> does (I use it frequently) and I think it would be nice to
    JK> have in Sarge (and in Sid too).

For me personally, the viewer is irreleveant but the vnc4server would
be very nice to have. :-)

I have tried compiling it but I don't remember exactly why it failed
(it requires X server sources). Might give it a try again.
--
Best regards,
Per Lundberg