Latchezar Dimitrov wrote:

All that being true however from the arch of duals one should be able to
put together dual-core 2-way and a "regular", i.e., single-core cpu on a
2-way opteron mobo.

Latchezar
I guess thats what I'm the most curious about; mixing these dual and single core processors. Do the required Hyper Transport pipelines match up when you use a dual with a single?

If so... how do you match the duals with the comparable single cores since it seems they use a different naming scheme (ex: single 244 = = dual 265). It all seems 'theoretically' plausable, I'm just wondering if anyone has actually tried yet.

Nathan