On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 12:07:57AM +0200, hjalmar the destroyer wrote:
> Hey
> I have an a8n-sli mother board with Nvidia nforce4 gigabit Mac with external
> Marvell PHY and I am having trouble getting it to work.  I have compiled my
> kernel with the
>
> Marvell Yukon Chipset / SysKonnect SK-98xx Support
>
> but it seems that only my rtl8029  ethernet card is detected. I am using
> 2.6.12.3 kernel. I am wondering if someone can help me out or point me in
> the right direction on where I can find some info on how to get it working.
> Thanks for your help
> Clyde

As far as I can tell the A8N-SLI has an nvidia built in MAC, which means
it uses the forcedeth driver, not the sk98lin.  Some boards like the
deluxe has two ports, one nvidia and one marvell, which uses both the
forcedeth and sk98lin drivers.

Try loading forcedeth module and see if that finds a port.  It should.
Asus lists the board as supporting nvidia firewall, which means it must
be using the nvidia MAC after all.  The brand of the PHY has no bearing
on the driver what so ever.

Len Sorensen