Giacomo Mulas wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Max wrote:
>
>> Where can I get sun-j2re1.5 package for debian-amd64?
>

> you can install the fakeroot and java-package debian packages, then
> download the original archives yourself from java.sun.com and build the
> deb from it running "fakeroot make-jpkg <original archive name>" in a
> shell.

By chance I tried this today, too. Result:

Sun's j2sdk 1.5-4 for Linux (on amd64) does not contain
any plugins for Mozilla or Firefox. At least I did not
find it.

The Blackdown 1.42 for Linux on amd64 does contain a Java
plugin, but after the installation when I tried it on
http://java.sun.com/ Firefox crashed.

But this was Sarge. Maybe somebody was more lucky using
Unstable?

Regards

Harri