I did have 1.10.28 from sarge, but I upgraded gcc to build a package earlier. I
will change the link to point to the right one.

I got dpkg from amd64.debian.net unstable, I think. But I may be wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Also - forgive the newbie question - but can someone tell me how to 'downgrade'
a package? Is it a matter of removing it completely then picking the right apt
source to install from?

Simon

Kurt Roeckx wrote ..