Am Freitag, 26. August 2005 20:48 schrieb Hans:
> Hello,
>
> when I try to install openoffice I get these message. Sorry, it is in
> German, but this should be no problem.
> Die folgenden Pakete haben nichterfüllte Abhängigkeiten:
>   openoffice.org-bin: Hängt ab: ia32-libdb4.2 ist aber nicht installierbar
>                       Hängt ab: ia32-libmyspell3 ist aber nicht
> installierbar Hängt ab: ia32-libwpd8 ist aber nicht installierbar Hängt ab:
> openoffice.org (> 1.1.3+1.1.4) aber 1.1.2-2.0.1 soll installiert werden
> E: Kaputte Pakete
>
> Where are those libs ? They are not in Debian-AMD64.

There are no official OpenOffice packages in the AMD64 distribution, as far as
i am aware.

There exists a package though, that will provide all necessary 32bit libraries
+ OpenOffice, so you can run it as a 32bit application (no chroot needed).
This package is called something like "amd64-archive" and was provided on
this list by Goswin von Brederlow. Try to search for the thread ...

I am running OpenOffice 32bit with the help of this package.