Hey all,

I am running

Linux version 2.6.8-11-amd64-generic ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
(gcc version 3.4.4 20050314 (prerelease) (Debian 3.4.3-13))

I want to recompile the kernel mainly because I want framebuffer support.

Using make-kpkg I get the following warning:

$make-kpkg --initrd --revision=custom.1.0 kernel_image
dpkg-architecture: warning: Unknown gcc system type x86_64-linux-gnu,
 falling back to default (native compilation)
dpkg-architecture: warning: Specified GNU system type x86_64-linux
 does not match gcc system type x86_64-linux-gnu.
dpkg-architecture: warning: Unknown gcc system type x86_64-linux-gnu,
 falling back to default (native compilation)

Is it true?:

Please ignore the warning about overriding and ignoring targets above.
These are harmless. They are only invoked in a part of the process
that tries to snarf variable values for the conf.vars file.

Lance

--

                                Lance Hoffmeyer
                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]