On Thursday 01 September 2005 21:14, Marco Amadori wrote:
> On Thursday 01 September 2005 22:36, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
>
> > [...] [DevFS]
> > I *need* it for my lvm on raid
>
> In this bug #323391 [1] there is a "patch" to make yaird works, I use it,
> works for my lvm on raid systems, remember to add "--verbose" on the script
> `dpkg --listfiles yaird | grep -i raidtab` (I do not remember the name) if u
> encounter the bug #324774 [2]
>
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=323391
> [2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=324774
>
> So if kernel-package will default with yaird initramfs no devfs will be
> needed, btw I think that devfs only disappeared from kconfig...

Devfs is gone for good.  uDev replaces it.  The problem with devfs was, from the
kernel list, that is was buggy, racey and unmaintained.  Over a year ago it was
announced that it was going away in the Doc/feature-removal-schedule.txt file
in the kernel source.

Debain has just been slow to adapt.

Ed Tomlinson