Quoting YOSHIFUJI Hideaki/???? <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (at Tue, 6 Sep 2005 21:58:49 +0200), Kurt Roeckx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> says:

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 01:51:40PM -0600, Bill Brown wrote:
:
> I just spent many many hours trying to find accurate documentation on
> disabling IPv6 in Debian.  There is lots of documents out there, but for
> my specific configuration, I couldn't find much.  However, I finally was
> able to disable IPv6.  Here's how I did it.

Is there a specific reason why you feel the need to disable IPv6?

I'd like to ask same question, too.

I'm not too familiar at all with ipv6, so I'll ask this question:
How does iptables handle IPV6 packets?

For example:
If you used iptables to block all sorts of ports, but you still had ipv6 enabled on a nic, could those ports still be accessed via an ipv6 travelling packet?
Again, I'm newbish on ipv6.

Cheers,
Mike