On (15/09/05 15:56), lordSauron wrote:
> Somewhat related, but not really, (I'm shy about starting new
> threads), I was wondering what mirrors there are for amd64-k8 or
> otherwise amd64 compatible packages.  Right now I'm using the
> following mirrors:
>
> deb http://linux.csua.berkeley.edu/debian/ stable main
> deb-src http://linux.csua.berkeley.edu/debian/ stable main
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-amd64/debian/ sid main contrib
non-free
deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-amd64/debian/ sid main contrib
non-free

#deb http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian-amd64/debian/ sid main contrib
non-free
#deb-src http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian-amd64/debian/ sid main contrib
non-free

omit .de (.nl) The above is for sid/unstable substitute etch/testing or
sarge/stable

> and if you could tell me where to go to get specifically amd64
> packages I'd be much appreciative!
>
> Also, if you know how I could specify to select from a variety of
> packages (like look at both stable and testing, for instance) I'd love
> to know that as well.  I very new to Linux, so please just bear with
> me.

If you're new to Debian, I would stick with one release FTTB; once
you're comfortable with it, look at apt-pinning.

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...