On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 08:58:27AM -0400, Lennart Sorensen muttered these words:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 11:36:18AM +0200, Felipe F. Grael wrote:
> > I have been lurking on this list for a few months, trying to find an
> > answer to the IPN2220 driver. This was main issue keeping me apart on
> > using Debian amd64 actively was the support for this wireless card.
> >
> > Yes it works. I've tested it yesterday by night, and it ran smoothly
> > with my access point. I'm even using it with WPA (with the aid of the
> > wpasupplicant software), with the same configuration that was working
> > flawlessly on my 32 bits Debian installation. Now I can take full
> > profit of my Acer 1525WLMi notebook.
>
> Maybe you could explain something to me:
>
> How do you make it auto reconnect when it looses the wireless link?  I
> have managed to get wpasupplicant to connect to my wireless access
> point, and after that I have to do dhclient on the interface to get an
> IP.  Is there some way to make wpasupplicant do that automatically?

Have a look at ifplugd.

> Is there some way to support roaming to pick up any of a list of access
> points automatically?

You can create multiple network definitions in /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
and configure the authentication method, (if any), for each network you
use.

> I have very little experience with wireless on linux, but so far it
> looks to me to be in serious need of someone combining all the required
> tools into a single daemon that can automatically maintain the link for
> you.

There is definitely a lot of work to do on the wireless front for Linux.

--
Eric Evans
[EMAIL PROTECTED]