Jonathan Lewis wrote:

I've been wondering this myself while watching the whole debate about memory.... lol Especially after a quick search shows up 1gig sticks as the largest out there now...
You can get 2GB and even 4GB sticks, if you know how.

 So someone would need a board with 32
memory slots right now? (or 64 for the 64gig limit i suppose?)
Dual-socket Opteron motherboards support 16GB ram on 8 slots.

Boards that support more are custom, and expensive.

Can any actually TEST the issue? I know I can't afford to TRY.... lmao
Yes, how do you suppose the kernel developers add the support?

IBM sells 8-way Xeon boxes that support 32GB+ RAM.

Adam