Am Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2005 16:32 schrieb Lennart Sorensen:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 01:48:15PM +0200, Hans wrote:
> > I have build a new package. It is named "xhkeys", the program is under th
> > e GPL.
> >
> > Well, as I am not the really maintainer, I still would like to release it
> > into the repository.
> >
> > What does it do ?
> >
> > xhkeys can bind any keystroke to a self chosen program or action. It is
> > very useful for notebooks and special keyboards with special keys, just
> > like "email", "browser" "volume up" "volume down" etc. so it is highly
> > configurable.
> >
> > Is anyone interested ? The package was build for amd64, so 32-bit should
> > work as well.
>
> How is that program different/better than xbindkeys and keylaunch which
> are already in debian?
Srry, I did not test the mentionend programs. I just found the configuration
of xhkeys just easy and it useful for all keyborads with additional
functions. I had the idea in my mind, if this program will be liked by others
(who do not know it yet, because it seems very unknown, as I saw in the
mailing lists) , it could establish a set of preconfigured samples of
keyboards. This would have been my second idea to the community.

And as there was just a rpm-package and no debian-package avalable, I did it
by myself and built one.

I know, it could be not perfect, so I asked for support. It is my first try,
to build a package. It is always the first time. :)

> There is always room for new and better programs, but we can do without
> programs that aren't improvements and just cause redundancy. :)

Yes, you are right. Sorry, I didn't know it better. So please forget my mails.

> The web page for xhkeys does make it sound pretty neat though.
>
> Len Sorensen

Best regards

Hans