Angus Mackenzie wrote:

I have Openoffice running well for me in a 32 bit chroot on my unstable amd-64 system. Kernel is 2.6.16-1-amd64-k8

However when my wife logs in, it's a different story;

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ oowriter
[Java framework] Error in function createUserSettingsDocument (elements.cxx).javaldx failed!

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'
Do you have a different PATH, or some java-related environment
variable set that she has not?

Helge Hafting