On Sunday 18 June 2006 07:43, Jim Crilly wrote:
> >I've read some articles googling for xfs, ext3 and jfs and such.
> >Leaning towards xfs maybe?
> AFAIK grub will never work with /boot on XFS because of where the XFS
> superblock is, it's not too big of a deal to make a small ext2 /boot
> though. I'm using XFS on i386, sparc64 and Alpha without any issues, but I
> don't have any AMD64 system to put it on yet.
>
> Jim.

I have used XFS on Debian i386 for years without any trouble or data loss, and
I am using it now on an amd64 system for about a year, also without any
complaints.

Grub has in fact been able to boot from a XFS partition for some years now, I
never used a special ext2/ext3 boot partition as sometimes suggested!
However, I encountered sometimes small difficulties while installing grub,
but I did no research if these problems where caused by the use of XFS.

Before switching to XFS, I have been using reiser3, facing lots of problems,
and ext3. However, as this was years ago, I really don't remember my reasons
for going from ext3 to XFS; at least, I can't remember any big problems while
using ext3, so I think my decision was due to theoretical considerations...

Clemens

--
>---
Clemens Bergmann