On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 02:37:36PM +0200, HXC wrote:
> I am afraid the nforce chip is causing these troubles, I have exactly
> the same ethernet controller working without problems on my asus A8v
> -deluxe with via chipset. Did you try kanotix?

An A8V does not have the same ethernet.  It has a marvell yukon (at
least mine does).  The model of the phy is completely non interesting
unless you are doing low level weird stuff in the driver.  It is the
model of the MAC that is interesting.  That is what the driver actually
talks to.  On the A8V that is a marvell, on the K8N it would be the
nvidia (forcedeth) MAC.

--
Len Sorensen