Am Sonntag, 15. Oktober 2006 18:43 schrieb Russ Cook:
> Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:

> >> Hans,
> >>   Thanks for the continued help.  I tried the changes you suggested
> >> here,
> >
> > Its a pleasure for me.
> >
> >> but no help.  I do not seem to have the command 'xorgconfig'.  A search
> >> of packages on the Debian web site does not give a response either.
> >
> > O.k., might be, this is no more in the pacgages, as I could not find it
> > any more. On my system it is no more, too. Sorry !
> >
> >> Where can I find this program?  I am at latest version of xbase-clients,
> >> but no such command is available to me.
> >
> > Maybe some maintainer could answer this. I am wondering myself, now.
> >
> >> Thanks,
> >>   Russ
> >
> > Did you test my xorg.conf I sent to you ?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Hans
>
> I did test your config file you sent me.  That is, I entered the
> appropriate areas that were different from mine.  The result is the same.
> I was hoping that running strace and providing the output would enable
> someone
> to identify where the system was hanging.  I certainly don't understand it.
> Thanks for your willingness to help!  I suppose I could just buy a more
> recent Nvidia-supported video card and hope for the best, but I was
> hoping to resolve the issues with my old card first.
>
> Thanks again,
>    Russ

O.k., so I will wait for this. Maybe you will test an older driver from the
Nvidia-site till then ? Maybe some older cards are no more supported by the
newest drivers.

If not, we will take a look with your new card. If it would help, I can take a
look on your computer if I can get access. In this case we should talk about
time and IP (just an idea).

Best regards

Hans