Hi!

"Neil Gunton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> írta 2007-07-06 22:24-kor:
> Unfortunately, the RAID card I have doesn't seem to have been a type
> that really took off in any significant way. I don't know of anyone else
> who has one. If anyone does happen to have a spare Adaptec Smart RAID
> 2015S lying around in an unused server, then I'd love to hear whether
> they can try installing Etch and patching the kernel with the new
> dpt_i2o. But somehow I think anyone with such a server is probably using it.
I have Installed and do maintain a server which has Adaptec 2410S.
from lspci -v 's output:
01:02.0 RAID bus controller: Adaptec AAC-RAID (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Adaptec AAR-2410SA PCI SATA 4ch (Jaguar II)
        Flags: bus master, 66MHz, slow devsel, latency 64, IRQ 233
        Memory at dc000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
        Expansion ROM at fea00000 [disabled] [size=32K]

I don't like it. It works, anyway. I had never experienced any problem with
it, since I installed, but I like 3ware cards better, since they have utils
with it's driver CD, which is capable to interact with its /dev/twaX
controlling device.
I can see the rebuilding status online, I can start rebuild, build hw raid
online, without shutting the OS down and need to get into the bios.
tw_cli is my best friend in this topic ;-)
But for this adaptec sh17, I cannot found any controlling utility.
Adaptec's site seemed kind of chaos to me, and in case if you want to
download sg. from them U need to register through dozens of forms, and you
can double it, if U don't live in US.
(So, maybe they had driver, but I had have no patience.)
Anyway, It works, with etch's builtin aacraid driver, it shows the volume
name I had set up in its bios, etc:
Adaptec aacraid driver (1.1-5[2409]-mh2)
AAC0: kernel 4.2-0[8205]
AAC0: monitor 4.2-0[8205]
AAC0: bios 4.2-0[8205]
AAC0: serial 3b2a5
scsi0 : aacraid
  Vendor: Adaptec   Model: zafir             Rev: V1.0
libata version 2.00 loaded.
SCSI device sda: 1874989056 512-byte hdwr sectors (959994 MB)
sda: assuming Write Enabled
sda: assuming drive cache: write through

Sincerely,
PÁSZTOR György
-- -------[ Free Software ISOs - http://www.fsn.hu/?f=download ]------- --
PÁSZTOR György                                 e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Free Software Network (FSN.HU)                  cell.: +3620 512 3335