On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 10:37:52AM +0100, Lars Schimmer wrote:
> I want to use the skype 2.0 beta .deb package on my debian amd64 sid system.
> I saw hell a lot of guides hwoto use chroot, but I don't want a chroot!
> Any guide available which is simple enough (e.g. just install some .deb
> and it works?)?

If they have an amd64 .deb then it should work.  If they don't then you
should use a chroot with a 32bit debian install to install it into.

You can certainly bash it hard enough and force it, but the results are
generally quite bad when one tries to force the packaging system to do
things the wrong way.

--
Len Sorensen