Dear maintainers,

it seems for me, that the commandline tool "apt", the ncurses tool "aptitude"
and the graphical tool "synaptic" might use different databases.

So I need a little more background (and knowledge) about this, otherwise I
cannot explain myself, why "apt-get dist-upgrade" is giving another result
as "aptitude" (in my case "apt-get dist-upgrade" wants to deinstall some
openoffice.org-packages, beryl* and some other, but "aptitude" will not want
to deinstall those).

Are they using all different databases ? Or is it just related to some
configuration ?

I looked into the manuals, but found no explanation...

Regards

Hans