Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my latest kernel source build, 2.6.27.3. It
compiles without problem, but when I boot, I lose all network capability,
and it even throws my Windows box off the network.

Normally I have a DHCP internal router, and I usually end up with an IP of
192.168.2.X . However on the new kernel I have an internet address assigned
of 169.x.x.x, and of course I can't connect.

The thing I can't figure out is how this happened. Usually I just take my
old config, re-run it, and save it with a new name (version), and that's the
end of that.

I'm wondering though -- does this 2.6.27 kernel have something new I should
be aware of? Otherwise I really can't think of what might be causing the
non-connectivity...

I am using an eVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 board, with built-in ethernet
(forcedeth??). If anyone would like to see some configs, just let me know
and I'll attach.

Thank you in advance for any help you can suggest.
Mass