I see iceweasel crash most predictably when signing in to GMail, but it
also crashes at the most inopportune times due most likely to flash ads.

I have to admit, I haven't drilled down much further than that due to
busy factor, so I disable flash if I check my GMail and I've been making
the most of the Session Manager in iceweasel [and of course, same
behavior in gecko Epiphany].

I used the downloaded tarball and the deb package [both essentially the
same thing] and have the same results.

It is an early build so I figure, at least I can view the odd YouTube
video and check my analytics stuff and whatnot without getting the gray
boxes...

At least I know it's not just me.  Best
-dh