On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 02:28:11PM -0500, Igor Támara wrote:
> Hi,
> Dave> On Saturday, 21.02.2009 at 08:00 -0500, Igor Támara wrote:
> Dave>
> Dave> > Hi, at some Datacenter here on my country they only want the machines
> Dave> > to be installed with RHEL or Suse, every time I dig more into those
> Dave> > distros I fall in love more with Debian.  This is why I'm asking about
> Dave> > machines that have many cores and lots of RAM and plenty of disk.
> Dave>
> Dave> We're running a Dell R905 server: four quad-core CPUs, 128GB RAM, with
> Dave> an attached Dell Powervault storage system running off Dell's PERC 6/E
> Dave> controller.
> Dave>
> Dave> This basically Just Works under Debian Etch (and, I suspect, Lenny too).
> Dave>
>
> Thanks Peter and Dave, the report of the both machines I got is
> really important, thanks a lot for letting us know, that as one
> could suspect, Debian can be used in such environments.

I have a HP DL785 - 8 socket quad core amd with 64G of memory, installed
of a debian installer snapshot. I have it attached to a HP EVA8000  (8T) + HP
XP (4T) , both with multipath tool managing the san.  It boot of local disk
smart arrays.

I had some issue with their psp pack (support pack), but that was
because they were waiting for debian 5 to release.

--
"Bill wrote a book at Yale. I read one."

        - George W. Bush
10/19/2000
New York City, NY
on William F. Buckley, Al Smith Dinner