On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 2:18 AM, Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-...@web.de>wrote:

> John Wong <jo...@wonghome.net> writes:
>
> > Cavan Mejias 提到:

> >>  Can you manually do   "apt-get install  ia32-libs" ? Does that
> >> succeed? Or if you are using Gnome can you locate it in Synaptic? (All
> >> the KDE package managers seem to be orphaned/nonfunctional).
> >>   It appears you are using sid, therefore the ia32-libs may indeed be
> >> broken or "have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming.".
> >> I use lenny and I think it works there.
> >>
> >>    Good luck! I hope you get to install wine.
> >>
> > Yes, when i manually do "apt-get install ia32-libs",
> > then it just show the message like this:

> > Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> > requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> > distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> > or been moved out of Incoming.
> > The following information may help to resolve the situation:

> > wine: Depends: ia32-libs but it is not going to be installed
> > E: Broken packages
> >
> > When i use Synaptic, the result is the same like use "apt-get",
> > It ask me, i need to remove ia32-apt-get first: Yes/No,
> > then i choose Yes, then Synaptic tell me, CAN NOT be install,
> > becuase it depend ia32-apt-get. (<-- i know do not know why)
> >
> > Yes, my system is sid/amd64, so maybe different to lenny.
> >
> > Anyway, thank your help.
>
> By popular demand ia32-apt-get no longer builds an ia32-libs
> transitional package. The one in the archive is cruft left over from
> the earlier version.

how many votes are against ia32-libs transitional?

is wine to be removed from the amd64 repos?

whit the exception of wine the important ia32-packages usualy are external
ones and they use to depend from ia32-libs and are happy with the
transitional...

at this moment I prefer to have a previous version of ia32-apt-get (20)
I also prefer the wrapper over apt-get (could it be optional in the package
config?)