> recall that it has been added with Wheezy.  But let me put forward
> that it doesn't really matter.  If you have RAID then you know you
> want grub on both disks.  After installing simply run the grub install
> script against both disks manually and then you will be assured that
> it has been installed on both disks.

I had problems with that methodology and was unable to detect my error.
>From a thread on debian dated Mar 2, 2013:

> I carried out a reinstall of amd64 wheezy
> on the machine with new HD. md0 (boot, ext20, md1 (LVM, home, usr,
> etc). GRUB came installed on /dev/sda only
>
> Then the command
>
> grub-install /dev/sdb
>  was reported by complete installation. No error, no warning.
>
> On rebooting, GRUB was no more found. Then entering in
>
> grub rescue >
>
> prefix/root/ were now wrong.

Now I am in the same situation, two servers with mirroring raid, grub on
/dev/sda only. Identical data on both servers to cope with grub on one disk
only. Not smart from my side.

> I agree with the other responder.  It is unlikely IMNHO that you want
> RAID0 (striping) for the system disk.  You most likely want RAID1
> (mirroring) instead.  The answer above is the same regardless.  If you
> are thinking striping for performance instead I recommend using an SSD
> for the system disk.

Ah! my mistake. Sure, raid1 (mirroring)

thanks
francesco