> "It is not required for normal usage"

The fact is that the X79-based computer does not offer a login possibility,
it goes to disk scanning (kernel et al) for hours (at least 4hr).

Access to file was only possible from a LAN-connected other computer
(laptop VAIO) or booting from Super Grub2 disk.

Whether all issues arise from inability to connect to lvmetad, I cannot
say. I am no system analyzer. I merely need the X79-GPU-based machine for
applications (molecular dynamics with recent CUDA).

fp