tags 227997 - pending
stop
quit

I didn't apply anything to the debian tree therefor this bug is not
pending.

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Carl Johnstone wrote:

> Fabio:
> > I am also dowgrading the bug since the apache still serves the pages
> > correctly and it does not die completly (only the child is killed but
> > respawned immediatly).
>
> The child dies, but no content is returned on that child request. If you
> have the module turned on for all pages (as I have) then your http
> server effectively becomes useless.

It does return pages to me. I would have wrote that otherwise.

> For users whose setup depends on this module (as mine does) then the
> severity of the bug is effectively grave.
> I realise that there are a lot
> of users who don't use the module and are therefore not affected by the
> bug, the documentation for the BTS suggests to me that important is the
> correct severity for this type of bug.

>rant> As a user point of view every single bug in this world is grave.
No.. i do not agree but i will leave as is now since i am tired to play
ping-pong with the BTS. A single optional command for a module is only a
very small part of the entire apache package. it does not corrupt fs or it
doesn't introduce any security hole so grave is unacceptable. important is
still questionable. anyway </rant> let's keep this stuff out of the BTS
since they are irrelevant to the bug.

Fabio

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html