On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Marcelo Toledo wrote:

> > It would be enough to know why it fails. I asked the other guy to check
> > /var/log/apache/error.log and got no reply.
> >
> > Can you do that?
>
> The script does not reach apache, so there is no log, the bug is
> probably here:
>
> kali:/var/log/apache# . /usr/share/debconf/confmodule
> Can't exec "-su": No such file or directory at
> /usr/share/perl/5.8/IPC/Open3.pm line 168.
> open2: exec of -su failed at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/ConfModule.pm line
> 44
>
> -- cut --
> 167   local($")=(" ");
> 168   exec @cmd # XXX: wrong process to croak from
> 169       or croak "$Me: exec of @cmd failed";
> -- cut --

That file can't be sourced from bash. It needs to be executed in a script.
Please do the following:

apt-get --purge remove apache
rm -rf /etc/apache

vi /usr/share/apache/postinst.common and at the bottom:

do_all() {
    if [ "$#" -ne 1 ]; then
        echo "Wrong number of arguments to do_all"
        return
    fi
    pkg="$1"

    set -x

add the set -x

apt-get install apache

and save all the logs in a file and send it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks
Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.