tag 258602 pending
stop

Hi Fredrik

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004, Fredrik Åslund wrote:

> /usr/local/bin or /usr/local/sbin is not included in the default PATH
> environment for apache. Aren't those common enough to be considered
> default? Any CGI-script that uses programs not shipped with Debian requires
> their own PATH environment to be set (or a hard-coded path to the
> program).
>
> The PATH environment should be set to something like
>
>   PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin

Thanks for spotting this problem that evolved in more than that. Actually
the PATH is completely wrong since none of the "sbin" entries should be
required for apache. In any case a fix is pending in our CVS that will
include /usr/local/bin as well.

Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.