On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Jonathan Ah Kit wrote:

> I'm loathe to send in bug reports, but I've been asked to resubmit this as
> apache-common or post to the debian-apache list (see #269738), and seeing
> lists.debian.org says 'It is neither for submitting bug reports (please use
> the BTS for that), nor for support requests', I'm resubmitting it.
>
> OK, here's the short of it:
> > Setting up libapache-mod-php4 (4.3.8-9) ...
> > Error: mod_macro.so does not have a corresponding .info file.

apache-common does not ship mod_macro.so or the info file. mod_macro is
compiled in.

Please check /usr/lib/apache/1.3/ for any mod_macro.so and move them
somewhere. In any case that is a warning and not an error. It has been
converted as such, a long time ago.

> I get the same error message when installing the latest apache 1.3.31-4
> sarge package, *however* an error isn't reported by apache's setup. But as
> per above libapache-mod-php4 does, so setup doesn't complete.

This is perhaps another bug related to php4 and i can't see why apache is
at fault. In anycase the php4 maintainer reads the list.

Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.