On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Ian Eure wrote:

> Is there some definitive resource which documents these effects? I'd like to
> know what I run the risk of breaking by forcing Apache to use my locale.

Check the BTS for archived apache bugs. some of them were reporting
problems when LANG != C. I am not sure to recall all the details, but one
of the problem was the sequence in which a config directory is scanned,
breaking user configuration load sequences.

Remember that /etc/init./apache is a config file that you can modify and
it will not be overwritten across uploads, until you say so.

Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.