reopen 239571
thanks

Hi Daniel,

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 13:52, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > e.g., I got:

> > /etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
> > error: error accessing /var/log/apache2: No such file or directory
> > error: apache2:1 glob failed for /var/log/apache2/*.log
> > run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1
>
> Um, welcome to the world of configuration files? Try --purge.

This is not a solution; only a workaround.

When someone only removes packages without purging, this is considered
intended behaviour. This case should be handled appropriately.

BTW: In our case, the problem seems to be that there is no log file
present in the first place. Maybe just touching it on install of
apache2-common fixes this?

Thanks.

bye,
  Roland