On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Jeremiah Foster
<jerem...@jeremiahfoster.com> wrote:

>> I think we need a good comparison / feature / selection page -- choose the
>> requirements, then see the result:
>>
>>   USB 2.0 ports ports yes / no how many [ ]
>>   USB 3.0 ports ports yes / no how many [ ]
>>   Fast Ethernet ports yes / no how many [ ]
>>   Gigabit Ethports    yes / no how many [ ]
>>   SATA I
>>   SATA II
>>   SATA III
>>   eSATA
>>
>>   and so on .....
>>
>> At least this will help research on what board is best for specific
>> requirements.\

 make sure that power consumption (and rough price) are included.  i
think you'll find it's a big eye-opener right now, for anything that
has ports over 1gbit (of any kind).  translation: if you want an ARM
processor, forget SATA-III, USB3, multi-lane PCI-e and multiple
Gigabit Ethernet for at least another... 18-24 months, and even then
you'll find they only come on systems with a 5 watt+ power budget.
which aren't really "embedded" processors any more, really, are they.

 l.

 p.s. yes marvell have a spec for a multi-gigabit ethernet,
multi-SATA-II, multi-PCI-e ARM processor.  power requirements: TEN
watts.