On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 4:42 AM, Nicola Bernardini <n...@sme-ccppd.org> wrote:

> Sorry list, I can imagine this question has been asked many  times,  but
> the answer  changes  with  time  and  browsing  this  list  and  related
> resources I cannot find a sufficiently  recent  (let's  say  <  1  year)
> answer to it.

 well ironically the ReadyNAS 2000-200 (aka Duo v2) was just being
investigated!  it's the one with the marvell armada 300 1.6ghz
"Sheeva", so has 2x SATA, 10/100/1000 ethernet, and comes with a 256mb
DDR1 (D D R ONE not TWO and certainly not THREE) SO-DIMM RAM module as
standard.  a number of people have reported success at upgrading to
1gb DDR1 (D D R ONE not TWO not THREE) SO-DIMM module.

 they're still available at only £99 inc. free shipping on ebuyer.com
- e.g. http://www.ebuyer.com/290545

 l.

 p.s. although the marvell armada 300 apparently can go up to DDR3 and
3gb of RAM unfortunately nobody seems to be doing these ARM processors
justice. blargh.