> So it would probably just be best to drop armel from nodejs..

I would guess that depends on how much work is involved and whether
there is someone willing to do the work. Or does Policy forbid
packages that fail gracefully on some hardware?

I definitely think you shouldn't let armel hold things up.

> I was pretty sure armel was softfloat, so vfp version doesn't even make
sense as a concept.

Doesn't "softfloat" refer to the ABI rather than the hardware? So you
can pass floats in integer registers, as if you didn't have any FPU,
but move them into FPU registers to do arithmetic.